Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 2

Hey all! I'm finally in Window Rock, like I said to a friend: I saw some cows in the road, and some puppies in the parking lot, it brought back a sense of nostalgia.
(A possible Scruff pup?)

Today started out with a delicious breakfast with friends at the Santa Fe Baking Co. Walking inside there was the smell of awesome pastries fresh out of the oven, coffee, eggs and bacon. To my surprise, there was also live music. In the corner, a man played guitar. He was so good, I thought there was a Bob Dylan CD on, until of course I realized it was him.


(Huevos Rancheros w/Green Chili Sauce!)

After our meal, we headed over to the farmers market by the train station. It was very similar to ones I've seen on the east coast, but there were WAY more chilis.

(The Lavander Lady)



(Guadalupe)

After parting ways with my friends, I went over to the Georgia O'Keefe Museum. It was stunning. Her watercolors were so interesting, so bold and full of color. I was able to see that she seemed to pick apart her landscapes and turn them into shapes. It may not seem too interesting to others, but to me it was, I'm going to try picking apart the landscape when I paint tomorrow. There was also a series of portraits on exhibit, from looking at them and reading little quotes she said on the wall, I really feel like I can relate to her. Should I ever get a time traveling Delorean, I will definatly go back and meet her.

I then headed to Hobby Lobby to get supplies, and began to the long journey to Window Rock. Can I say how weird it is that the speed limit is 75 mph!? I almost felt guilty driving so fast, but in the end it was alot of fun. The landscape along the way was breathtaking, over each hill was something new. At one point I was surrounded by a field of old magma rocks! Then there were big red rock, jagged rocks, lots of rocks. I have pictures, but the hotel internet doesn't want to load pictures anymore :('
Finally, I rolled on into Window Rock. Like I said, there were cows and dogs and it was all good. Tomorrow, blue mush at the breakfast buffet and a visit to the Navajo Code Talkers Memorial.

Thanks to everyone who is reading this and supporting me, you guys are great! >

2 comments:

  1. 75, really?

    Glad you're enjoying it. Totally have to have a party when you come back ;)

    -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lavender lady is me when I am older. She's pretty much my idol/ i want to base all my life decisions on becoming her.

    ReplyDelete