A summary of yesterday: Stunning, breathtaking, unbelievable. The landscape here is beautiful, its colors change with the movement of the sun and the weather of that moment. Sometimes, the long grass on the plains looks mint green, at other times it looks like fire wisping in the wind. The painted desert, which is right next to my apartment, ranges from pastel pinks, purples, blues, yellows.

(Painted Desert)
As the sun was setting I traveled a bit further into the park, nobody was around AT ALL. Even this morning it was completely silent. This is the first time I've ever stood somewhere and been completely, entirely, totally alone. It was so quiet this morning on my hike, I could actually hear the sound of a crows wings as they sailed through the air.
Hiking through the blue mesa by the way, was so weird. The only way to describe it is like being on the moon.

(Blue Mesa and some petrified wood)
So before the sun goes down today I think I'll head back over to the Painted Desert Inn to do some watercolors. More pictures soon!
Find me a dinosaur :D
ReplyDelete