I think I'm finally becoming used to being out here. I'm not stressing out about time, I'm waking up at normal hours (Not the ungodly hour of 5 am). People are generally very friendly out here, there's space to breathe, the air is clean, there's natural wonders all around. And then I realize come Sunday I'll be back in New York. I am just not excited about the fast paced lifestyle. Traffic, cranky people, congestion. But, I do get to see the people nearest and dearest to me, I can have regular access to society (movies, stores, TV), a wide variety of produce at the grocery store. Silly little things that you don't think too much about until you don't have it.
Here's a sample of pictures from Saturday in Winslow:

(The original jail in Holbrook, used up until the 1970s. Super creepy)

(Saddles from the chuck wagon at the museum in Holbrook)

(I still don't know which Eagle this is)
Tomorrow I'll be doing a painting demonstration for visitors, so I have to do some preliminary sketches and start the underpainting. I think I'll paint some "happy little petrified trees".
cool pictures. I like the one with you and the statue. Have people take some more pictures of you :)Love ya mama
ReplyDelete